1. Set Goals – write them down and be specific. Use the SMART model as a guideline.
2. Slow and Steady – avoid burnout, fatigue and quitting by making changes smaller and gradually.
3. Ask for Help – don’t avoid exercise because you aren’t sure what to do or where to start. Book a session (or more) with a Personal Trainer and learn. Proper form and technique are the best ways to avoid injury and get the best results so don’t be afraid to ask for help.
4. Keep a Schedule – pick your days and times and stick to them. Write them out on the calendar or put a reminder in your phone until you get into the habit of your new routine.
5. Accountability – hold yourself accountable by paying for a class or membership in advance. Find a workout buddy and help keep each other motivated and accountable.
6. Keep it Fun – try new things and explore. There are so many options you’re bound to love at least one.
7. Reward Yourself – reached a goal? Reward yourself! Have a cupcake, buy some new gym gear, whatever keeps you motivated, use it.